Pelvis / Hip
Don’t let a painful hip limit how you move and enjoy life.
The pelvis and hip are areas commonly injured and sources of pain for many people. Whether it’s a traumatic fall, a repetitive sports injury, or the myriad of potential hip problems, this is an area of the body that needs a skilled and professional approach.
What’s causing your pelvis or hip pain?
A painful hip or pelvis area can be associated with the following injuries:
- Coccyx injury – The coccyx is a small bone that sits at the end of the spine. Injuries to the coccyx usually come from falling onto the base of the spine, or sitting on hard surfaces.
- Osteitis pubis – An inflammatory condition that affects the joint formed between the two pubic bones at the front of the pelvis.
- Pelvic floor weakness – Made up of a group of muscles that runs from the pubic bone to the tailbone, a weak pelvic floor can result from pregnancy, inactivity, obesity or heavy lifting.
- Hip bursitis – Occurs when there is excessive rubbing of muscles on the hip causing the bursa to become inflamed
- Hip impingement – Characterised by a bony growth either on the leg bone or hip socket, resulting to restricted hip movement and pain.
We can help!
At Simply Health, we are qualified to offer chiropractic care, in conjunction with other modalities such as myotherapy, dry needling, cold laser therapy and neurological rehabilitation.
How can Chiropractic care ease your pelvic or hip pain?
First things first, a diagnosis is the starting point. Our comprehensive examination is all about getting to the source of your pain. No band-aid solutions. We then develop a treatment plan that can treat the root cause of the pain, helping you recover faster and set you in the right direction towards full health and well-being.
Your treatment options may include:
- Spinal/pelvic adjustments
- Hip mobilization
- Cold Laser Therapy
- Dry needling
- Gait modification
- Core stability and pelvic floor exercises
Still unsure how chiropractic can help?
We welcome any questions you have on pelvis or hip pain. Book an appointment below to schedule a consultation with one of our chiropractors who may be able to provide you an appropriate treatment plan for your needs. We also invite you to take our Free Spinal Check to understand how your spine may be affecting your health and whether chiropractic is a suitable treatment for your condition.