Week 5 Simply Health Lockdown Challenge
As we enter the 5th week of Stage 4 restrictions in Melbourne, we hope you are managing to keep on top of your health and wellbeing, and importantly maintain a sense of humour!
It’s interesting to see how contemporary language adapts to our environment, with ‘COVID kilos’ now featuring as a popular phrase. With some people finding their eating habits have slipped a little, it seems like the prefect time to talk about nutrition. When it comes to addressing diet or changing a health habit, people often try to take on too much or begin with the wrong frame of mind. Remember these challenges are all about listening to your body having fun.
The challenge for week 5: Pick one aspect of your nutrition you’d like to change and work on that one thing for the next 7 days.
To find out what our resident chiropractor, Dr Carol, is doing to work on her family nutrition, click on the image here.
Probiotic Energy Ball
Sometimes it’s just about trying new things to get you interested and energised. Here is a health recipe from another of our chiropractors, Dr Adeline – a super tasty and healthy option.
- 1 large handful of organic almonds (50g)
- 1 large handful of organic sunflower seeds (50g)
- 30g activated pumpkin seeds (I use the Loving Earth brand)
- 10 medjool dates (more if you like it sweeter!)
- 30g organic raw cacao (not to be confused with cocoa)
- 1/2 cup organic desiccated coconut
- 1 table spoon organic coconut oil
- 1 table spoon filtered water
- 4 good quality shelf stable probiotic capsules or 3 teaspoon of probiotic powder. TIP: Get these from a good health food shop (or from Simply Health). You want at least 5 billion CFU strength, multiple strains and one without artificial sweeteners, colours, preservatives, gluten, wheat, dairy or soy.
If you’re making for a school lunch, leave out the nuts and replace with flaxseeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and chia seeds. Make sure the flaxseeds are well ground as they can only be absorbed this way.
Mix in food processor, then roll all ingredients into small balls and let set for at least 1 hour in a cool container……YUM!